Links You Need – August, 2014
Every month, we’ll be scouring the web to bring you articles on all things blogging! Watch this space as we highlight new developments and share old tips that are always worthy of repeating.
- Facebook has had a few new updates these past couple of weeks, including punishing link-baiters, and rewarding those who link appropriately.
- Someone wants to buy your photos? Not sure how much to charge? Check out this great tool from Getty Images to guide you in your pricing.
- Some of these tools are already pretty well known, but there are a couple of standouts in this article on how to help bloggers increase their productivity.
- A couple of weeks ago, Google dropped authorship photos from Google search results. This week, they dropped Google Authorship altogether.
- Is the Internet “full?” A report claims that the internet is running out of space. Do you really need to worry?
- Got some time on your hands? Grab yourself a cup of tea (or something stronger) and take a read through Skift’s 100+ page slideshow on The State of Travel 2014.
- Are you doing all you can to ensure your website is secure? Take a moment to read some tips from Problogger on WordPress security.
- Good news for Tweeters everywhere — Twitter has started rolling out more detailed analytics. Access your own Tweet activity dashboard to see metrics regarding real-time engagement, retweets, favourites, and even month over month comparisons.
- And finally, in case you were wondering, photos created by monkeys cannot be copyrighted. If you want to add some humour to your day, read A Statement From The Monkey at the centre of the case.
Get noticed as a blogger. Become a member of the PTBA and let the industry come to you!
Industry: look no further. Become a member of the PTBA and have access to our searchable database of hundreds of quality bloggers.
The views in the links represent those of the author and not necessarily those of the PTBA or its Board of Directors.