Links Travel Bloggers Need — September 2014
Every month, we’ll be scouring the web to bring you articles on all things blogging! Watch this space as we highlight new developments and share old tips that are always worthy of repeating.
- Rand Fishkin from MOZ.com has been making the rounds speaking about What Bloggers Need to Know about SEO in 2014. Check out the slide show with some great takeaways that apply to SEO for travel blogging as well.
- Rand’s wife Geraldine (aka The Eveywhereist) shares her presentation on How to Make Your Audience Fall in Love with Your Blog.
- Do travel bloggers actually have direct influence on consumer decisions? TNOOZ explains what’s relevant from a recent study.
- Gary Arndt has been doing his homework. He shares his research on How Do Travel Bloggers Stack Up Against Traditional Media in Terms of Quality.
- Pinterest launched a new Analytics Dashboard for those with a Business Account. Here’s what you need to know to get started.
- If a tree gets its photo taken in a forest, does anybody care? The U.S. Forest Service does. See why they want to charge photographers $1500 for taking pics in the woods. And yes, even if you want to take a quick snap with a smartphone.
- Ello? Is it me you’re looking for? Read why the new social media network Ello is taking off with folks fed up with Facebook.
- If you couldn’t attend Social Media Week in London this month, here are some takeaways, aptly titled 10 Things We Took from Social Media Week 2014.
Get noticed as a blogger. Become a member of the PTBA and let the industry come to you!
Industry: look no further. Become a member of the PTBA and have access to our searchable database of hundreds of quality bloggers.
The views in the links represent those of the author and not necessarily those of the PTBA or its Board of Directors.