Links Travel Bloggers Need — January 2015
Every month, we’ll be scouring the web to bring you articles on all things blogging! Watch this space as we highlight new developments and share old tips that are always worthy of repeating.
- TBCAsia may be over, but the lessons live on. Take your blogging game up a notch by learning about Advanced Google Analytics and SEO for Travel Bloggers from conference presenter David Sottimano.
- If you’re really keen (and don’t mind watching over 5 hours of unedited video), pull up a chair and watch all the presentations from TBCAsia here.
- And if you need some inspiration for the next TBCAsia (we’re working on it!), take a look at some highlights of the pre-conference tour.
- Put a little oomph in your blog posts with…maps! Here are 9 Free Mapping Tools for Visual Storytelling.
- If you didn’t make it to TBEX Athens, here’s one of the great presentations you missed – Bret Love talks about how to Build a Better Blogging Brand.
- Looking for your next big break? Well Tim Ferris is searching for case studies for his next big book – a companion piece to The 4-Hour Workweek highlighting success stories of individuals who made it happen. View details on how to apply here.
- Is your website mobile-friendly yet? Google’s onto you. Read why mobile-friendly just got a whole lot more important.
- If you’re keen on charts and are looking to delve a little deeper into the world of Facebook ads, this post should be right up your alley.
- Ever seen an acronym on social media and wondered what the dickens it meant? The team at Buffer has compiled The Definitive List of Social Media Acronyms and Abbreviations. (There’s even a quiz!)
- If you don’t know who Rand Fishkin is, you should. He’s hosting an “Ask Me Anything” February 3 on Inbound.org. Get a jump on it by submitting your questions here.
- And finally, some sage advice from a travel writing pro — Don George talks about travel writing, blogging, and working for exposure.
Get noticed as a blogger. Become a member of the PTBA and let the industry come to you!
Industry: look no further. Become a member of the PTBA and have access to our searchable database of hundreds of quality bloggers.
The views in the links represent those of the author and not necessarily those of the PTBA or its Board of Directors.